Start / Stop / Transfer Service

Is your residence in the City of Saginaw?
For your convenience, a list of Saginaw Streets (PDF) is provided to confirm if Saginaw will provide water, sewer, and trash services at your residence.  You may also check by going to the Tarrant Appraisal District and entering your address in the "Property Search" box.  If you do not see "CITY OF SAGINAW" listed as a taxing entity under the jurisdictions section, you are not located in the city limits of Saginaw and we do not provide service to your address. 

Service Agreement Document

Water Utilities

Start Water Service

New Accounts/Application
New water accounts require the presentation of ALL of the following documents before an account can be started:

  • Valid government issued photo ID (driver's license, state-issued identification card, military ID, passport, etc.)
  • Required Document(s) (must include first page and signature page)
    • Renters/Tenants must provide a copy of a valid lease agreement
    • Homeowners must provide a copy of the FINAL Settlement Statement or Closing Disclosure
    • Property Management companies must provide a current (five year or newer) property management agreement.
  • Payment in advance of $115.00, which is due on or before start date

To set up a new residential account for water, sewer, and trash services in Saginaw online, please complete the Application for Water Utility Service and Service Agreement; provide all required information. Once completed, your application will be forwarded to staff for processing. Applications will not be processed until all required documents are received. Applications submitted online will be processed within 48 business hours. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email confirmation that your application was received; your account number and pin will be provided in the email along with a link to pay the $100.00 payment in advance and $15.00 service charge electronically. The payment must be received on or before the start date; the $100.00 payment stays on the account for the life of that account and will be applied to the final bill and/or refunded to the customer.

Applications to open a water account can also be completed in-person at Saginaw City Hall, 333 West McLeroy Blvd. Please ensure you bring all the required documents and the payment in advance.

New water services will NOT be started after regular business hours, on weekends, or holidays.


Terminate Water Service

Terminate Service
To terminate water, sewer, and trash services, all requests must be received in writing. The following information is required to process a termination of service:

  • Address or account number for the address you want to terminate service
  • Termination date for service
  • Forwarding address, including city and zip for the final bill

If you have a deposit on file, it will be credited to the final bill and any remaining balance will be refunded to you.

TERMINATE SERVICE HERE or Email Utility Billing Office

Transferring Water Service

Transferring Service

If you are transferring service within Saginaw, please complete the form and provide either your lease or settlement statement/closing disclosure. A $15.00 service charge will be included on your first bill at the new address.