July 18, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, July 18, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0717-01: Action regarding Minutes, June 20, 2017 - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
(b) CC-0717-02: Action regarding Election Agreement and Contract with Tarrant County for Election Services for July 29, 2017 Special Election - City Secretary, Janice England
(c) CC-0717-03: Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-10, denying Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC’s application to change electric rates within the City - Interim City Manager, Dan O’Leary
(d) CC-0717-04: Action regarding Metropolitan Area EMS Authority (MedStar) 2017-2018 Subsidy - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(5) CC-0717-05: Discussion regarding Quiet Zone/Bailey Boswell/New Park-D.R. Horton and Safety Issues - Suzanne Greene
(6) CC-0717-06: Consideration and Action regarding award of bid for Blue Ridge Trail Sanitary Sewer Replacement - City Engineer, Jeff James
(7) CC-0717-07: Consideration and Action regarding appointment to Animal Shelter Advisory Committee - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(8) CC-0717-08: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of Final Plat for Willow Vista IIIC, being 18.08 acres of land in the A.F. Albright Survey, Abstract No. 1849 (74 residential lots) Mearl McBee, Marcus Trew
(9) CC-0717-09: Consideration and Action regarding Individual Project Order No. ADA Transition Plan Phase 1 - Interim City Manager, Dan O’Leary
(10) CC-0717-10: Consideration and Action regarding Amendment No. 1 to the Individual Project Order No. Bailey Boswell Road Bond Projects - City Engineer, Jeff James
(11) CC-0717-11: Consideration and Action regarding Wastewater Contract with City of Fort Worth - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(12) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.074. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
a. City Manager Search
(13) Adjournment - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory