May 16, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, May 16, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0517-10: Action regarding Minutes, May 2, 2017 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0517-11: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-06, approving a negotiated settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee and Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division regarding the company’s 2017 Rate Review Mechanism
Filings - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(c) CC-0517-12: Action regarding Ad Valorem Tax Collection Contract with Tarrant County for Tax Year 2017 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(5) CC-0517-13: Presentations – 2017 Images of Saginaw Photo Contest - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(6) CC-0517-14: Proclamation – National Poppy Day - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(7) CC-0517-15: Consideration and Action regarding naming a City facility - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(8) CC-0517-16: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-05, Canvassing Returns and Declaring Results of General Election held on May 6, 2017 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(9) CC-0517-17: Presentation to Outgoing Councilmember Place 4 Valerie Tankersley and Outgoing Councilmember Place 6 Jackie D. Nethery - Mayor Gary Brinkley
(10) CC-0517-18: Oath of Office for Councilmember Places 4 and 6 - City Secretary, Janice England
(11) CC-0517-19: Election of Mayor Pro-Tem - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(12) CC-0517-20: Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Members to Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(13) CC-0517-21: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-06, Bank Signatures - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(14) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.074. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
a. Interim City Manager
(15) Back in Regular Session - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(16) Consideration and Action regarding Interim City Manager - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(17) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley