February 7, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, February 7, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0217-01: Action regarding Minutes, January 17, 2017 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0217-02: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-01, Amending Master Fee Schedule adding fees for Rental Attendants for Indoor Facility Rentals (Community Center and Senior Center), and fees for Body Worn Camera Recordings - City Secretary, Janice England
(c) CC-0217-03: Action regarding Soccer Field Usage Agreement with Eagle Mountain Soccer Association - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(5) CC-0217-04: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-01, Calling a Municipal Election to be held on May 6, 2017 for the Offices of Councilmember Place 4, and Councilmember Place 6 - City Secretary, Janice England
(6) CC-0217-05: Consideration and Action regarding contract for election services between the City of Saginaw and the Saginaw Crime Control and Prevention District for a Special Election to be held on May 6, 2017 to determine whether voters desire to continue the levy of a sales and use tax to support the crime reduction programs of the Saginaw Crime Control and Prevention District - City Secretary, Janice England
(7) CC-0217-06: Consideration and Action regarding Traffic Mitigation Plan - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(8) CC-0217-07: Consideration and Action regarding the creation and appointment of a Special Commission to investigate
City conduct related to the final plat for Lot 1, Block 1, Saginaw Charter School, 11.903 acres of land located in the Alexander F. Albright Survey, Abstract No. 1849 - Mayor Gary Brinkley
(9) CC-0217-08: Consideration and direction regarding the Processing of Final Plats - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(10) CC-0217-09: Consideration and direction regarding whether to require two readings of ordinances involving zoning - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(11) CC-0217-10: Consideration and direction regarding whether to implement a Specific Use Permit requirement for schools - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(12) CC-0217-11: Consideration and direction regarding whether to amend the Master Thoroughfare Plan for traffic on the east side of town - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(14) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley