- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2015 Council Packets
- August 18, 2015
August 18, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Reverend Valendy, Saginaw United Methodist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0815-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, July 21, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0815-02 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, Workshop, August 8, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(c) CC-0815-03 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-12, Investment Policy - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(d) CC-0815-04 (PDF): Action regarding Second Amendment/One Year Extension to Interlocal Agreement for Participation in City of Fort Worth’s Household Hazardous Waste Program (October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016) - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(e) CC-0815-05 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Fort Worth Transportation Authority for Transportation Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities for the Fiscal Year 2016 - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(f) CC-0815-06 (PDF): Action regarding Ordinance No. 2015-06, Amending the Master Fee Schedule to add Fee for Junk Dealer/Secondhand Dealer; and amend Recreation Center and Aquatic Center Usage/Membership and Rental Fees - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(5) CC-0815-07 (PDF): Proclamation – Blood Cancer Awareness Month - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(6) CC-0815-08 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Municipal Advisory Contract with SAMCO Capital Markets, Inc. - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(7) CC-0815-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Approval of Ordinance No. 2015-07, Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of the City’s General Obligation Bonds, Series 2015; Levying an Annual Ad Valorem Tax and Providing for the Security for and Payment of said Bonds; Approving the Official Statement; Providing an Effective Date; and Enacting other Provisions related to the Subject - Mark McLiney, SAMCO Capital Markets, Inc.
(8) CC-0815-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Preliminary Plat for Lot 1, Block1, Oasis Church Addition, being 11.8983 acres of land situated in the Alexander F. Albright Survey, Abstract 1849 - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(9) CC-0815-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors for Members with Terms Expiring September 1, 2015 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(10) CC-0815-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Advisory Recreation and Parks Board for Approval of Parks Adopt a Spot Program, Ordinance No. 2015-08 - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(11) CC-0815-13 (PDF): Presentation of Effective Tax Rate and Action to Place Adoption of Proposed Tax Rate on September 15, 2015 Agenda and Schedule Public Hearings on September 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015 for the Proposed Tax Rate - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(12) CC-0815-14 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Employee Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; and Flexible Spending Account Benefit - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(14) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley