Welcome to Saginaw

The following information is provided to assist with common questions for new residents. Additional information regarding New Resident Info can be found on our website, www.saginawtx.org, under About Us. A copy may be printed if needed.

The city has two utility cycles and are billed monthly. Cycle 1 customers are billed on the 30th and payments are due on the 15th of the month. Cycle 2 customers are billed on the 15th and payments are due on the 30th of the month.  If the bill is not paid by the due date, a late charge of $5.00 will be added to the bill. If the due date is a city holiday or weekend, the payment is due the next business day. Failure to receive a bill or payments
that are delayed in the mail does not void a late charge.

There is a transfer fee of $10.00 on accounts transferring from one location to another within the City. There is also a charge of $25.00 on all returned checks. To terminate services, please submit the request in written form. You may email, fax, mail it or come in person. Please include the date to final and a forwarding address. There is a final fee of $10.00 applied to accounts when service is terminated. This fee is included on the customer's final bill.

The Utility Billing Office hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m. and Fridays, 7:30 -11 :30 a.m. Payments may be made in person at City Hall by cash, check, money order or credit card (MasterCard or Visa only). To pay online on the city web site you must have your account number and pin/password. We accept Visa or MasterCard only. A night drop is conveniently located on the east side of City Hall, 333 W. McLeroy Blvd. You may also mail payments to City of Saginaw, P.O. Box 79070, Saginaw, Texas 76179.

You have the option of managing your account online. Go paperless by having your bill emailed. Sign up for auto pay with a bank draft or credit card draft. View the amount owed and consumption usage on the website.

Contact Us

  1. Water Billing

    333 West McLeroy Boulevard
    Saginaw, TX 76179
    Phone: 817-232-4640
    Email:  ubilling@saginawtx.org 

    Field Operations

    333 W McLeroy Boulevard
    Saginaw, TX 76179
    Phone: 817-230-0500
    Email:  rnewsom@saginawtx.org 

    Monday - Thursday:  7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Friday:  7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

    Staff Directory
Customers who authorize their bank to issue checks on their behalf (e-checks) should ensure that the bank will send the check so that it will arrive at the Utility Billing Office on or before the due date. If the bank issues the check prior to the due date, but it does not arrive at the city offices by the due date, the customer will assessed a late penalty.

The City of Saginaw does not mail out delinquent notices. Billing date, due date, and disconnect date are on your billing statement. Any past due amounts are subject to disconnection. If your account is scheduled for disconnection, a fee of$25.00 will be added to the account balance.

If a resident turns the water back on, there will be an additional tampering fee of $1 00.00 plus repair costs for any damage caused to the service. If you need assistance during office hours call City Hall. If after hours please call 817-232-0311. Only water technicians are allowed to maintain the water meters.
Mandatory Water Restrictions are in effect. If your address ends in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 you may water on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If your address ends in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 you may water on Thursdays and Sundays. Watering hours are between 6:00 pm and 10:00 am.

Sewer Service – The City of Saginaw uses a winter average calculation to determine this monthly charge. The water usage for the months of November, December, and January are added together. This sum is then divided by three, which gives you the winter average. A new resident is charged based on the average of 8,000 gallons until they have had water service through the three months used to calculate the winter average. This calculation method and average are both set by City Ordinance as adopted by the City Council.

Beautification Contribution –This is a contribution of $1.00 to be used for the beautification of the City. The City has a Beautification Committee that oversees this fund and determines what improvements will be made. This contribution is on all new accounts and is voluntary. If you do not wish to participate, please make that request in writing and we will take this off of your account.  For more information about the Saginaw Beautification Committee, click here.

City Parks & Library Contribution – This is a contribution of $1.00 to be used for the improvement of the City Parks & Library (fifty cents for the Park and fifty cents for the Library). The City has an Advisory Recreation and Parks Board and a Library Board that oversee these funds and determine what improvements will be made. This contribution is on all new accounts and is voluntary. If you do not wish to participate, please make that request in writing and we will take this off of your account.

Garbage Collection – This service is taxable and the tax is listed on your bill. Residential garbage collection is bi-weekly on Mondays and Thursdays (big/oversized items). Residents can use trash bags or trash cans (you MUST bag your trash if using cans) for their garbage. Garbage must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the date of pick up. If you have moving boxes, they must be broken down and flattened. Loose Brush Pick up is the 1st week of April and October.

Recycle Collection – Depending on your address, recyclables are picked up on Mondays or Thursdays, There are trucks designated for recycling, therefore one truck will pick up your regular garbage and another truck will pick up your recyclables. You may pick up free recycle bins at City Hall.

Garage Sale Permits – Garage sale permits are required by City Ordinance. These can be purchased from City Hall. You are allowed two per year for three consecutive days. The cost is $5.00 (cash or check only).  For more information, click here.

Permits – Permits are required for installing water heaters, roofs, storage sheds and carports. These permits are obtained from Public Works Department, 205 Brenda Lane. Contact them at 817.230.0500.

Pets – You must register your pet with the Animal Services Department at 205 Brenda Lane. You will need rabies vaccination proof along with $3.00 per pet, per year.  For more information about Saginaw Animal Services, check out www.SaginawAnimalServices.com.

Helpful Phone Numbers

  • City of Saginaw Police (non-emergency) 817-232-0311
  • City of Saginaw Fire (non-emergency) 817-232-4640
  • Utility Billing Office 817-232-4640
  • Utility Billing Extension Line 817-230-0326
  • Emergency Water After Hours 817-232-0311