Don't wait for help… BE the help
The Saginaw Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program trains our citizens about family disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact this area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist family members & others in their neighborhood or workplace.
First Responders will be overwhelmed. Within the first 5 minutes of an actual disaster. That means you are on your own until they can get to you. Be PREPARED.
CERT members also support emergency response agencies by taking an active role in city emergency preparedness projects.
- Qualified applicants will pass a background check to allow access to secured City areas.
- Our classroom sessions meet once a week for 8 weeks from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday sessions are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (Optional)
- Classes will be held at the Saginaw Fire Department (FD) Station 1 address: 400 S. Saginaw Boulevard Saginaw, TX 76179 unless noted otherwise.
- There is no registration fee. Register now, class size limited to 24.
- CERT Intro, Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Fire Suppression
- Fun with Fire Trucks – Engine demo w/live fire hoses
- Disaster First Aid – Part 1
- Disaster First Aid – Part 2
- Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Medic Unit Demo and fun with Helicopter Air Ambulance
- Disaster Psychology &Team Organization - Herding Upset Cats
- Terrorism & HAZMAT – Don't touch that
- Disaster Exercise
- Graduation Celebration
If you want to join the CERT Emergency Operations Team or Firefighter Rehab Team there is further training.
Please email Saginaw CERT if you have any questions or to request an application.