- Feature Links
- Construction Updates
- E. Bailey Boswell Road and Bridge Project
E. Bailey Boswell Road and Bridge Project
Bailey Boswell Overpass Update - August 25, 2020
The City of Saginaw would like to keep businesses along Bus. 287 (Saginaw Boulevard) and Bailey Boswell informed about intermittent changes to traffic patterns associated with the Bailey Boswell Overpass. Two exhibits have been provided below that show construction activity, including traffic lane closures, along Bailey Boswell Boulevard.
Beginning the week of August 31st, Bailey Boswell Boulevard will have traffic lane closures both east and west bound. West bound traffic will be narrowed to one lane from Saginaw Boulevard to a point approximately 300 feet east of Knowles Drive. East bound traffic will have two lanes available within the same limits. The existing median opening that allows crossing between the CVS and Albertsons will be taken out of service during this phase of construction and replaced with a U-turn median opening near Saginaw Boulevard in late November. During the September/October time frame, both of Walmart’s driveways will be reconstructed including the construction of new turn lanes.
On the east side of Saginaw Boulevard, the west and eastbound lanes will be reduced to one through lane, however the dual left turn lanes onto Saginaw Boulevard will remain open and not be impacted during this period of construction. The contractor is placing electronic signage advising west bound traffic to use the turn lanes for access to all businesses in the Albertsons shopping center.
Certainly, the City of Saginaw is sensitive to impacts on business. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rick Trice, Director of Public Works at email@example.com. If you have anyone who would like to get an email regarding construction updates as they become available, please send their contact email to Mr. Trice at the same email account.
Recent Project Status Updates
- Update (PDF - August 25, 2020
- Update (PDF) - Page 5 - June 9, 2020
- Update (PDF) - May 15, 2020
- Update (PDF) - January 23, 2020
- Update (PDF) - July 17, 2018
- Phase 2 Update (PDF) - May 8, 2018
- Bridge/Overpass Fact Sheet (PDF) - February 20, 2018
- Quarter 3 (PDF) - October 12, 2017
- Quarter 2 (PDF) - July 26, 2016
- Quarter 4 (PDF) - November 30, 2015
- Quarter 2 (PDF) - June 29, 2015
- Quarter 1 (PDF) - January 31, 2014
- Quarter 2 (PDF) - June 1, 2014
- Bid Opening (PDF) - September 17, 2014
- Awarding of Bid (PDF) - September 23, 2014
Notes and Timelines
- City Engineers are currently working on the design of the E. Bailey Boswell Road reconstruction and bridge project approved by voters in May of 2013.
- Bonds have been issued and funds received for design of the project and construction of Phase 1 between Highway 156 and Ash Meadow.
- The drawing above shows the construction phasing and tentative time schedule for completion. This schedule allows time for design and coordination of the bridge construction with TXDOT and the railroads.
- The project involves reconstructing E. Bailey Boswell Road from a 4 lane asphalt road to a 4 lane divided concrete road with a 2 lane bridge across the railroad tracks and Saginaw Boulevard.
- The design will allow for 2 additional lanes to be added to the roadway when needed.
- The bridge project will be built with the funds approved by City voters and a $4 million contribution from Tarrant County Precinct 4 Commissioner J.D. Johnson’s office.