- Recruitment & Hiring
Recruitment & Hiring
Interested in joining the Saginaw Police Department?
The City of Saginaw Police Department is currently hiring certified and non-certified applications for the position of Police Officer and Police Dispatcher. If you are a problem solver who wants to work with people from all cultures, races, and economic backgrounds, and have good moral character and integrity, we welcome you to apply.
Interested applicants can find additional information by calling Saginaw Police Recruiting Division at 817-230-0349.
Current Open Opportunities:
- Police Officer - Click Here to apply!
- Police Dispatcher - Click Here to apply!
BECOME A SAGINAW POLICE OFFICER
UPCOMING Testing Date: Saturday, June 24 at 9AM
To sign up for testing, email Sgt. Robin Espinosa at email@example.com.
|Location:||Saginaw Police Department|
505 W. McLeroy Blvd
Saginaw, TX 76179
- Citizenship: The City of Saginaw requires that you must be a United States Citizen.
- Age: Applicants must be 21 years of age at the time of licensing.
- Character: Good moral character, stable employment history, and valid driver's license.
- Physical Requirements: General good health and normal hearing. Vision correctable to 20/20 in each eye.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Test: Must successfully pass the police testing process. If the previous minimum requirements are not met, the applicant will not be allowed to participate in the testing process.
These items will be cause for removal from the Saginaw Police Hiring process:
- Must not be under indictment for any criminal offense.
- Must never have been convicted of a family violence offense of any grade.
- Must not have been on court ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense of the grade of Class B misdemeanor or above (or equivalent) within the last 10 years. This includes deferred adjudication.
- Must not be prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm or ammunition.
- Must not be wanted by any Law Enforcement Agency at the time of application.
- Must have never had a license issued by any state law enforcement regulatory commission denied by final order, revoked, voluntarily surrendered or suspended.
- Must not have been discharged under less than Honorable conditions if the applicant served in the military.
- Must not have been dismissed, or resigned while under investigation, for inefficiency, delinquency, or misconduct from a previous employer.
- Must not have admitted to the commission of, or ever been convicted of, a felony or of any crime involving moral turpitude.
- No illegal drug usage 24 months prior to testing, show no trace of drug dependency after a physical examination, blood test, or other medical test. Any illegal drug usage beyond 24 months will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Must have a driving record that reflects no more than three moving violations or preventable accidents, or any combination in the last 36 months. Beyond 36 months will be considered on case-by-case basis.
- Community Services Officer
- Criminal Investigations
- Bicycle Patrol
- Traffic Division
- Honor Guard
The hiring process for a City of Saginaw Patrol Officer will consist of the following:
- Written Test
- Exam will be administered. State issued ID will be required to complete the exam.
- Upon successful completion of the written exam, applicant will immediately proceed to the Fitness Assessment portion of the test. Candidates are encouraged to bring appropriate athletic attire.
- Candidates can purchase a study guide and practice test by clicking here.
- Fitness Assessment: Occurs immediately after successful completion of the written test
- Receive instructions on how to complete the Physical Assessment
- Are encouraged to wear appropriate athletic attire
- It is scored on a PASS/FAIL basis
- More information in the section below
- Personal History Statement
- Will be provided after successfully passing both written and fitness assessment test
- Background Investigation
- Oral Board Panel Interview
- Physiological Exam
- Physical and Drug Screen
Candidates must complete a 2000 meter row within the maximum target time as calculated on the DPS Concept2 Rower Calculator. The test is designed to determine your overall fitness level specifically for the position of Police Officer. The test parameters are set based on gender, age and weight of the applicant.
Use the DPS Concept2 Rower Calculator to determine maximum target time. Candidates should enter their gender, age, and weight at the 40th percentile for their maximum target time to be calculated.
The City of Saginaw uses the Concept2 Rower for the physical assessment. The damper setting on the rower will be set at 5 at the time of the physical assessment. Many local gyms, recreation centers, and fitness facilities use the Concept2Rower and it is highly recommended applicants take the opportunity to prepare for the physical assessment. Below is a video outlining proper rowing techniques.
Saginaw Police Department Benefits
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) participation (7% employee, 2:1 city contribution, vested after 5yrs)
- Longevity Pay / Certificate Incentive Pay
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Bilingual Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
- 12 Hour Shifts, Every Other weekend off
- Flexible Tattoo Policy with Chief of Police Approval