September 18, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be heard separately.
(5) CC-0918-14 (PDF): Update from Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) - Chuck Inmon
(6) CC-0918-15 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(7) CC-0918-16 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-20, Adoption of Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(8) CC-0918-17 (PDF): Consideration and Action to Ratify the Adopted 2018-2019 Fiscal Year Budget - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(9) CC-0918-18 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-14, Adopting and Setting the Property Tax Rate for the 2018 Tax Year - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(10) CC-0918-19 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-15, Wastewater Service Rates - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(11) CC-0918-20 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-16, Approving an Increase to the Texas Municipal Retirement System Contribution Rate from 6% to 7% beginning January 1, 2019 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(12) CC-0918-21 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Finance Director, Kim Quin
(13) CC-0918-22 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-21, Adoption of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Finance Director, Kim Quin
(14) CC-0918-23 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-17, Rental Registration and Inspection Program - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(15) CC-0918-24 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Contract Amendment with a One Year Extension for Waste Connections to continue Solid Waste and Recycling Collection Services; and Discussion of Fully Automated Service - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(16) CC-0918-25 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-18, amending Master Fee Schedule by updating fees for Residential Garbage Service, and adding fees for Special Event Permit and Rental Registration and Inspection Permits; and removing Library Fees for Past Due Materials - City Secretary, Janice England
(17) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(18) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo