City of Saginaw Building Improvement Grant Program (BIG Program)
If you own a business or commercial property in the City of Saginaw and are interested in financial assistance for improvements to your building, landscaping, parking area, lighting, or more, then the Building Improvement Grant Program is for you. This program provides matching grants to reimburse commercial property owners or business operators for Eligible Enhancements made to their properties.
There are 10 different categories of improvements that are eligible for consideration as part of this grant program. These include –
- Façade enhancements
- The replacement or restoration of façade materials, cleaning or power washing exteriors, painting, replacement of windows and doors, installation of new or renovation of existing awnings and canopies, any restoration of historical architecture, roof repairs, and the rehab of gutters and downspouts.
- Interior building renovations
- Renovations that enhance the usability of a building.
- The installation of edging boundaries, shrubs and trees, seasonal plantings that provide color and aid beautification efforts, upgrades to or installation of irrigation systems, lawn renovations, and replacement or installation of fencing.
- The replacement of interior lighting, lighting in pedestrian areas such as sidewalks, accent lighting, and signage lighting.
- Parking areas and driveways
- Reconstruction efforts, including the removal of existing pavement, gravel, curbing, drives, or ramps, resurfacing of asphalt parking areas, and the restriping of parking spots and fire lanes.
- Pedestrian amenities
- The paving of areas for customers to congregate, addition of seating areas, shade structures, installation of fixtures to provide music, trash receptacles, and addition of play equipment for public and customer use.
- Replacement of existing signs with new signs that comply with City Code.
- Code compliance
- Reconstruction or new construction for public accessibility requirements and installation or upgrade of fire suppression systems for safety purposes.
- Costs associated with demolishing and removing existing structures.
- Public art installation
For more information, check out http://saginawtx.org/1124/BIG-Program.