August 16, 2016
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, August 16, 2016
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0816-01: Action regarding Minutes, July 19, 2016 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0816-02: Action regarding Minutes, Workshop, August 9, 2016 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(c) CC-0816-03: Action regarding Resolution No. 2016-12, Investment Policy - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(d) CC-0816-04: Action regarding Interlocal Agreement for Participation in Fort Worth’s Environmental Collection Center Household Hazardous Waste Program FY2017 (October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017) - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(e) CC-0816-05: Action regarding Action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-07, Amending the fee schedule by amending fees for building permits and meter fees in regards to itinerant vendors/merchants (Increasing Fees for Solicitor’s Permits) - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(f) CC-0816-06: Action regarding Extension of Payment Due Date to September 30, 2016, Drive Approach Access Agreement-Bailey Boswell Marketplace LP - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(g) CC-0816-07: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-08, Adoption of 2015 International Energy Code - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(5) CC-0816-08: Proclamation – Blood Cancer Awareness Month - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(6) CC-0816-09: Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors for Members with Terms Expiring September 1, 2016 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(7) CC-0816-10: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Advisory Recreation and Parks Board to retrofit the pathway lights at Highland Station Park to LED lighting - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(8) CC-0816-11: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Advisory Recreation and Parks Board to construct Phase 2 of Highland Station Skate Park - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(9) CC-0816-12: Presentation of Effective Tax Rate and Action to Place Adoption of Proposed Tax Rate on September 20, 2016 Agenda and Schedule Public Hearings on September 6, 2016 and September 13, 2016 for the Proposed Tax Rate - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(10) CC-0816-13: Consideration and Action regarding Employee Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; and Flexible Spending Account Benefit - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(11) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(12) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley