September 15, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Dr. Danny Howe, First Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) CC-0915-10 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, September 8, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(5) CC-0915-11 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(6) CC-0915-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-15, Adoption of Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(7) CC-0915-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action to Ratify the Adopted 2015-2016 Fiscal Year Budget- City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(8) CC-0915-14 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2015-08, Adopting and Setting the Property Tax Rate for the 2015 Tax Year - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(9) CC-0915-15 (PDF): Public Hearing – Presentation of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(10) CC-0915-16 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-16, Adoption of Revised Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(11) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(12) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley