Submit to the Building Department
Design and construction plans pertaining to the following shall be submitted through the Building Department and appropriate copies will be forwarded to the Fire Department for review and approval. This includes but is not limited to:
- All gates, barriers, and other similar devices that impede the required Fire Department access
- Fire Department access roads (fire lanes) and easements
- On-site fire protection water systems (fire hydrants and all associated piping and appliances)
Submit to the Fire Department
Design and construction plans pertaining to the following shall be submitted directly to the Fire Department for review and approval. This includes but is not limited to:
- All classes of standpipe systems and all associated piping and appliances
- All fire alarm alerting and detection systems, including smoke and heat detection, manual pull stations, flame and vapor detection systems, and all other systems utilized for fire or hazardous condition alerting and detection
- All fire protection systems, including automatic and manual fire sprinkler systems, kitchen hood and duct systems, and CO2, dry chemical, and all other types of extinguishing systems
- Installation and removal of all above- and below-ground flammable and combustible storage tanks and all associated piping and appliances
All plans are required to be submitted directly to the Fire Department and must be accompanied by a Saginaw Fire Department plan submittal form (PDF). A minimum of 4 copies of all plans, drawings, and associated documents is required. Once approved, 2 copies will be retained by the Fire Department, 1 copy should be maintained by the submitting contractor, and 1 copy shall be retained on the job site and made available upon request to any Saginaw fire or building code official.
For questions or comments regarding plan submittal, please email the Fire Marshal by calling (817) 230-0404.