April 21, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Mayor Pro-Tem David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas Mayor Pro-Tem David Flory
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0415-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, March 17, 2015 - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
(b) CC-0415-02 (PDF): Action regarding Joint Election Agreement and Contract with Tarrant County for Election Services for May 9, 2015 Election - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(c) CC-0415-03 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-03, Authorizing Continued Participation with the Steering Committee of Cities served by Oncor Electric Delivery Company - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(d) CC-0415-04 (PDF): Action regarding Tarrant Regional Auto Crimes Task Force Interlocal Assistance Agreement - Police Captain, Karl Johnson
(e) CC-0415-05 (PDF): Action regarding Service Agreement with Traffic Payment.com for Municipal Court Credit Card Payments - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(5) CC-0415-06 (PDF): Proclamation – Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
(6) CC-0415-07 (PDF): Presentation of Annual Report from Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce and Action regarding Continued Support - Joyce Erwin, Executive Director, Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce
(7) CC-0415-08 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Renewal of Sublease Agreement with Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce for Building and Property located at 301 S. Saginaw Boulevard for Additional Period of 5 Years at a Rate of $1,200 per Month - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(8) CC-0415-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Award of Bid for Finish Mowing/Grounds Maintenance of City Parks, and Street Right-of-Ways - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(9) CC-0415-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Award of Bid for 287 12-inch Waterline Replacement Phase I Project - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(10) CC-0415-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Street Sign Topper Policy - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(11) CC-0415-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Local Project Advance Funding Agreement and Advance Payment Form between the City of Saginaw and the Texas Department of Transportation (Bailey-Boswell Road Project), Resolution No. 2015-04 - Jeff James, Kimley-Horn and Associates
(12) CC-0415-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Advisory Recreation and Parks Board for the Construction of a Skate Park at Highland Station Park, Phase I - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(13) CC-0415-14 (PDF): Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-05, 2014-2015 Mid Year Budget Revisions - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(14) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.072. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Real Property. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person, including the following matters:
a. Contract of Sale for the Purchase of Property located at 100 Opal Street, Saginaw, Texas
(15) CC-0415-15: Consideration and Action regarding a Contract of Sale for the Purchase of Property located at 100 Opal Street, Saginaw, Texas, and Authorizing the City Manager to execute all Documents associated with same - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(16) Adjournment - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory