Do the greatest good for the greatest number in the shortest amount of time.
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
- Qualified candidates will pass a background check processed by the Saginaw Police Department and must attend a majority of the classes.
- Our classroom sessions meet on Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday sessions are from 9:00 a.m. to 12 :00 noon (Optional)
- Classes will be held at the Saginaw FD Station 1 address: 400 S. Saginaw Blvd. Saginaw, TX 76179 unless noted otherwise.
- There is no registration fee. Register now, class size limited to 24.
- March 18 - CERT Chapter 1 Intro, Disaster Preparedness
- March 25 - CERT Chapter 2 Disaster Fire Suppression
- T.B.D. - Saturday Engine Demo w/hose evolution
- April 1 - CERT Chapter 3 Disaster Medical Part 1
- April 8 - CERT 4 Disaster Medical Part 2
- April 15 - CERT 5 Light Search and Rescue Operations
- T.B.D. - Saturday Medic Unit Demo and Air Ambulance
- April 22 - CERT Chapters 6&7 Disaster Psychology &Team Organization
- April 29 - CERT Chapter 8&9 Terrorism & CERT and Course Review
- May 6 - Chapter 9 Disaster Simulation and Final Exam Location
- Graduation Celebration - Date, Time & Location T.B.A.