Top Reasons to Volunteer at Your Local Animal Shelter
Make a difference in your community and help animals!
Interested in making a difference in your community? 1 of the best places to volunteer may be right near you: an animal shelter or animal protection organization.
Whether you walk dogs at your shelter, stuff envelopes for an educational mailing or assist with a fundraising event, you can make a difference in the lives of animals. Here are just a few of the benefits of volunteering:
- Be part of the solution. You'll join a network of hundreds of thousands of people working to make the world safe and more humane for all living creatures. You'll make the jobs of everyone working for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the message of responsible pet ownership and animal protection.
- Get warm fuzzies. You'll never find a more grateful and accepting comrade than an animal you've comforted.
- Keep good company. You'll make lots of new friends-and not just the 4-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
- Meet the new you. You'll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
- Gain a new career. You'll learn things that may lead you to the career-or career change-of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service. More on careers with animals
- Enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Didn't someone once say that the best things in life are free?