History and Genealogy
Saginaw Historical Society
The Saginaw Historical Society meets at the John Ed Keeter Public Library quarterly in January, April, July and October.
- View the calendar of events for their next meeting.
Search the Saginaw Library's Local Newspaper Digital Archives - Visit the Site
The Saginaw Library is proud to announce that it has begun digitizing its local newspapers. The following are now available online from as early as 1976 to 2009.
- Northwest Sentinel
- Times Record
- North County Messenger
NOTE: Users can only access the database in the library via the library's computers or library's wireless internet. Not all years have been digitized. This is an ongoing project.
Thanks to the help of the Saginaw Genealogical Society, the John Ed Keeter Public Library has been able to provide access to Ancestry Library Edition, an online genealogical database. To access this amazing genealogical collection, patrons must use the library's computers or use the Library's wireless internet.
Ancestry Library Resources
Other Online Resources
- History Pin is a global community collaborating around history
- The World Digital Library contains cultural treasures and significant historical documents in the forms of digitized books, manuscripts, maps, newspapers, journals, prints and photographs, sound recordings, and films.
- The key goal of The Commons is to share hidden treasures from the world's public photography archives.
- The Portal is a gateway to Texas history materials
- The Library of Congress American Memory includes a variety of digitized historical documents and recordings for America
- The Library of Congress Veterans History Project includes audio recordings from the countries veterans