September 4, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING, WORKSHOP & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Workshop, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside the Council Chambers to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Reverend Valendy, Saginaw United Methodist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0918-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, August 17, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0918-02 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, August 21, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-0918-03 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-19, Approving a Negotiated Settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee (ACSC) and Atmos Energy Corporation regarding the 2018 Rate Review Mechanisms Filing - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(d) CC-0918-04 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-20, Adoption of Financial Management Policies - City Manager, Gabe Reaume(5) CC-0918-05 (PDF): Recognition of Government Finance Officers Association Award of Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the City of Saginaw and Finance Director, Kim Quin - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(6) CC-0918-06 (PDF): Proclamation – Hunger Action Month - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(7) CC-0918-07 (PDF): Swearing in of Police Chief Howell - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(8) CC-0918-08 (PDF): Update from Citizens Police Academy - Jan Young
(9) CC-0918-09 (PDF): Public Hearing – Proposed 2018 Property Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(10) CC-0918-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool Board of Trustees Election - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(11) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(12) WS-0918-01 (PDF): City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Debt Service
(13) Reconvene back into Regular Session - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(14) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(15) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo