- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2018 Council Packets
- June 26, 2018
June 26, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF SPECIAL CALLED MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0618-14 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, June 19, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0618-15 (PDF): Action regarding purchase of 2018 Chevrolet 1500 Single Cab Pick Up Truck for the Public Services Department from James Wood Chevrolet - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(c) CC-0618-16 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-17, Economic Development Incentive Policy and Application - Director of Economic Development, Alora Wachholz
(5) CC-0618-17 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-18, Canvassing Returns and Declaring Results of Run-Off Election for Council Place 4 held on June 16, 2018 - City Secretary, Janice England
(6) CC-0618-18 (PDF): Oath of Office for Councilmember Place 4 - City Secretary, Janice England
(7) CC-0618-19 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Member to Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors - City Secretary, Janice England
(8) CC-0618-20 (PDF): Policy Discussion regarding Quiet Zones - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(9) CC-0618-21 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding authorization for City Manager to execute the Notice of Establishment and supporting documentation for the Bailey Boswell Quiet Zone - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(10) CC-0618-22 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding request from D.R. Horton Homes for a reduction in height of the required eight foot subdivision screening device - Stephen Brim, D.R. Horton Homes
(11) CC-0618-23 (PDF): Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on proposed amendment to the Master Thoroughfare Plan adding a collector roadway east of and parallel to the BNSF Right-of-Way from Bailey Boswell Road to McLeroy Blvd. including a future connection to Minton Road - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(12) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(13) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo