February 6, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside the Council Chambers to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) CC-0218-01: Action regarding Minutes, January 16, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(5) CC-0218-02: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-04, Calling a Municipal Election to be held on May 5, 2018 for the Offices of Mayor, and City Council Place 2, and Calling a Special Election to be held on May 5, 2018 to fill the unexpired Term of City Council Place 4 - City Secretary, Janice England
(6) CC-0218-03: Presentation and Update on Municipal Court Collection Process - Corey Fickes, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
(7) CC-0218-04: City Charter Update Discussion - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(8) CC-0218-05: City Council Protocol Policy Discussion - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(9) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(10) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo