December 5, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside the Council Chambers to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1217-01: Action regarding Minutes, November 7, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-1217-02: Action regarding Minutes, November 13, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-1217-03: Action regarding Minutes, November 14, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(d) CC-1217-04: Action regarding Minutes, November 21, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(5) CC-1217-05: Consideration and action regarding garbage rate increase request from Waste Connections - Norm Bulaich, Waste Connections
(6) CC-1217-06: Consideration and action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-14, amending residential garbage rate in Master Fee Schedule - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(7) CC-1217-07: Presentation of ADA Transition Plan Document and Appendix - Matt Pool, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc.
(8) CC-1217-08: Consideration and action regarding authorization of Individual Project Order with Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc. for the Fairmount Sanitary Sewer Line Rehabilitation, Phase 1 - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(9) CC-1217-09: Consideration and action regarding Resolution No. 2017-18, granting permission for the Police Department to complete and submit a grant application for the Rifle-Resistant Body Armor Project - Police Captain, Karl Johnson
(10) CC-1217-10: Consideration and action regarding acceptance of 1.676 acre tract of land located on East McLeroy Blvd. from Saginaw Spring Creek Property Partnership, L.P. - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(11) CC-1217-11: Consideration and action regarding granting permission to Saginaw DC, LLC to construct a security fence on the front side of their building rather than to the front building line (895 Kennedy Lane, Suite 100) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(12) CC-1217-12: Consideration and action regarding adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-15, authorizing the Mayor to execute a Quitclaim Deed abandoning a 10 foot utility easement to Cann Real Estate, LTD, the owner of Lot 1R, Block 3, Worthy Addition - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(13) CC-1217-13: Consideration and action regarding Council Meetings scheduled for December 19, 2017 and January 2, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(14) CC-1217-14: Consideration and action regarding appointment of Mr. Gabe Reaume as City Manager effective January 1, 2018 and approval of contract - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(15) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.074. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
a. City Manager
(16) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo