September 5, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Saginaw City Hall – Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside the Council Chambers to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The Saginaw City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0917-01: Action regarding Minutes, August 12, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0917-02: Action regarding Minutes, August 15, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-0917-03: Action regarding Minutes, August 29, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(d) CC-0917-04: Action regarding Tarrant County Transportation Service (TCTS) Interlocal Agreement between the Fort Worth Transportation Authority and the City of Saginaw for Transportation Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities for the period of October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018 - Interim City Manager, Dan O’Leary
(5) CC-0917-05: Public Hearing – Proposed 2017 Property Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(6) CC-0917-06: Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-10, regulating the physical use, occupancy and maintenance of city rights-of-way by wireless network providers; requiring compliance with Chapter 284 of the Texas Local Government Code, the Right-of-Way Management Ordinance, the City Design Manual and applicable codes for the installation of network nodes and node support poles; adopting procedures for applications for permits; establishing time periods for approval of permit applications; providing for annual public right-of-way rental rates and other rates and fees; providing restrictions on placement of network nodes and node support poles in municipal parks, and residential areas - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(7) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.074. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
a. City Manager Search
(8) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo